Friday, January 7, 2011

Beautiful women

   Sorry,no photos of beautiful women here..The Net is packed with 'em,though...As if you didn't know..
   The very recent death of the  beautiful actress Anne Francis brought back many happy memories of her for me as a fan of her TV show "Honey West"..Her performance in "Forbidden Planet" must have steamed up many a windshield at the local drive-in,when it was first released..
   I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Ms. Francis at a local Palm Springs outdoor restaurant,years ago....She graciously allowed me to join her briefly,and we had a lively chat..I found that her off-screen persona was as beautiful as she herself was outside..Ms. Francis gave me many happy memories to enjoy..I am so sorry that she is no longer with us..
       That being said,thinking about Ms.Francis reminded me of several women I have found attractive over my life..Don't worry,your girlfriends and wives remain perfectly safe around me, never fear!
       It is my opinion that one does not have to be Heterosexual to see the beauty in women..The beauty I refer to is not just confined to the outside..
       I have lived long enough to see how womens lives have changed,all for the better..No longer in cars is it normal for the women to ride,segregated to the rear seat..Silly,wasn't that? I assume it was to keep them safe in case of a car crash,but maybe I am being way too generous..
     I recall so many family gatherings where the women hid in the kitchen,only to be yelled at if the mixer messed up the reception of the Big Game..After dinner,the men sat around while the women cleaned up everything...I have no idea if this is still common in most households,I have not attended a family gathering for many years....
     Things have gotten better for women, with more work to be done to insure that they are equal in every facet of society..
     Rambling on,I must say that actress Anne Jeffreys was always a beautiful looking woman,as well as Connie Francis,the wonderful singer...
     Which brings me to another few beautiful women I have known..We will start with my dad's sister,Connie..Connie was a calm,quiet,unassuming sweetheart..Her life had its issues,and she bore up under them with a class and grace worthy of a regal Queen..There never was a time that I did not welcome the opportunity to be around her sunny disposition..
        Next up at bat was another aunt of mine..Her name Was Florence...She was as beautiful to look at as she was to be near..Her storybook marriage ended tragically when her first husband died,suddenly..Like a beautiful bird,trapped in a room full of starving cats,many men sought her..Sadly,she made the wrong choice and was soon divorced..Once again she remarried to a loudly self-professing "Christian" man..It was not until the last year of Florence's life,we all learned that he was a wife beater..I assume in between all of his Bible-waving..Yet through it all Florence maintained her sense of humor and her natural class worthy of any country club..
       

No comments:

Post a Comment